Cinnamonfully Delicious


 I have fallen in love. It's the smell, the taste, the beauty and the texture of these delicious buns that pulls me in to their sweet spell. I can't get enough!
by Amazon.com
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006G958/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_A41FR6E770EVCJJM9681or put them into individual muffin cups in a muffin tin.https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Muffin-Cupcake-Nonstick-Baking/dp/B07VGFFWYG/ref=sr_1_5?crid=T45DLK9XREAN&dchild=1&keywords=mini+muffin+pans+nonstick+24&qid=1621869864&sprefix=mini+muffin,aps,163&sr=8-5


Here's how it started...A man contacted me through my link on the United States Professional Chef Association site and asked me to make a brunch for him and his wife for her first Mother's Day. He said they were big cinnamon bun fans so I looked up a few recipes and decided I was up to the challenge of expanding my culinary horizons. 

The first ones were a little too healthy tasting, the recipe had half all purpose flour and half whole wheat flour. I mean, come on...If you're going to get your joy from a cinnamon bun, whole wheat doesn't get invited to the party. I realize this is almost completely antithetical to my usual low inflammation protocol. Everything in moderation, that's another one of my mantras.

I looked up more recipes and came up with what I think is the perfect recipe and I added a frosting that was saturating and satisfying. The result is cinnamon heaven!


Cinnamon Rolls

Dough:

1 Cup Warmed Buttermilk

1/3 cup unbleached organic sugar

1 packet of Rapid Rise Yeast

¼ cup melted butter

1 room temperature large egg

½ tsp Kosher Salt

3 ½ cups All Purpose Flour

¼ cup (more or less) buttermilk to moisten dough

 

Filling:

¼ cup melted butter

½ cup light brown sugar

1 Tbsp Cinnamon

 

Icing:

4 Tbsp melted butter

2 cups confectioner’s sugar

2 tsp vanilla extract

4 Tbsp Heavy Cream

 

Combine warm buttermilk, sugar and yeast until bubbly

Add in melted butter, egg and kosher salt and mix until combined

Slowly add in All Purpose Flour

When fully combined, cover the bowl and allow the dough to rise, about one hour

 

Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface until about ¼” thick and 10” x 16”

Spread filling over the dough

Roll the dough from the longest side and create a tube of the dough

Cut the tube into ½” slices 

Arrange in a buttered 9” cake pan (Wilton Performance Aluminum Pan 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, Set of 2

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes

When rolls are ready, remove them from the oven and ice them with the glaze

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts